Here’s a little tidbit from the 20-30 history files
The first year the Association of 20-30 Clubs (as the Active 20-30 was then known) started having convention meetings was December 11, 1926 in Sacramento, California. About 15 members from 7 clubs attended. At that meeting, they approved and welcomed the 8th club into the Association, which was Reno, Nevada. The first club formed out of the state of California.
1927 had 3 more convention meetings held for the Association of 20-30 clubs to get together and members could have a merry time and approve more clubs into it’s organization. Here’s a brief note of those conventions:
April 9-10, 1927 – Second convention meeting held in San Bernardino, California
– Resolution was introduced by San Bernardino which proposed the division of the member clubs into district groups.
– Standard Constitution for member clubs was adopted
August 13-14, 1927 – Third convention meeting held in Reno, Nevada
– Changes made in the Association’s constitution and By-Laws, a brief outline of which follows: New delegates will be elected and will meet on the second Saturday of next December. Thereafter an annual convention will be held between the 15th of August and the 15th of September each year. The elected officers of the Association will be a President, Vice-President, and Secretary-Treasurer. Immediately after his election, the President shall divide the territory embraced by the Association into districts and shall appoint a District Governor to supervise club activities in each district, they to serve at the pleasure of the President.
– The Twenty-Thirtian was authorized as the official publication of the Association, with Ed Cain appointed as Editor. It will be published monthly and one copy will be sent to each club for each active member on its rolls.
December 10, 1927 – Fourth convention meeting held in Fresno, California
– By the time of this convention meeting, 18 clubs had been formed and accepted into the organization. And about 100 members attended this convention. Quite a difference from the 15 at the first one.
August 1928 – Fifth convention meeting held in Stockton, California